The experimental hall of the Laboratory (named after its former director George Noutsopoulos) occupies an area of about 1000 m², and is equipped with two linear cranes and a central recirculating water supply system with total capacity about 200 l/s. The Laboratory has a 15 m long tilting flume, a 3 x 1.5 m tank with special provisions for jets & plumes studies, several smaller tanks and flumes, basins for hydraulic model studies and teaching equipment for fluid mechanics experiments.
Instrumentation includes point gauges, Pitot tubes, water velocity (propeller type) probes for laboratory and field measurements, manometers, microscale conductivity and thermistor probes, ultrasonic flow meter, 3D- Acoustic Doppler Velocimeter (ADV), 1-D laser-Doppler anemometer (LDA), planar laser-induced fluorescence (PLIF) imaging, and data acquisition systems for measurement and image capture and processing. A PIV system is expected to be installed soon.

Exprerimental Hall “Georgios Noutsopoulos”